Wednesday, February 16, 2011

stop and breathe

So as I, Dominique Biela-Bell,  was sitting here on my bed reading a book, it doesn't matter what book just a book guys, I seemed to notice myself drifting off. And as I was drifting off, I started to think of things from a long time ago, memories, if you will. I then thought to myself, "How is it that I can remember the time I went outside and told all my friends that I was a mutant and that the X-men were going to come get me when I was 7, but I cant remember, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, what the HELL the 12th amendment is?"
    I have pondered this for a while, and you want to know what I have come up with? My mind doesn't want me to just sit and work all the bloody time, it wants me to  let loose and have some fun. All I've been doing lately is studying or trying to make sure I graduate or working in songs or dances for "Hairspray", and while those are all good things, I need to calm down and breathe, take life as it comes to me. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to neglect my work, because trust me, I'm not. I'm just going to pause and make sure that all the effort I'm putting into is isn't ALL my effort.
   So I now leave you with this short little shpeel: blogging. thinking. breathing. living. writing. working. pausing. creating. I'm not going to let life pass me by right now. I'm going to make it have to catch up to ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment